Licencing restrictions apply to some resources listed below.
Public All Clearinghouse members 'Australian' members only
'High Performance' members only Restricted access Various restrictions
Please see Clearinghouse membership categories for further information.
Transcripts and closed-caption recordings can be provided to members on request (licensing and copyright restrictions still apply).
NSW Parliament House, Macquarie Street Sydney
- Promote greater understanding of international interagency initiatives and better practice examples to increase physical activity and reduce childhood obesity.
- Examine current NSW legislative and/or policy frameworks promoting supportive environments for active living/active travel to increase physical activity across planning, transport and health.
- Showcase better practice examples, identify forthcoming priority actions and emerging opportunities to implement more supportive environments for active living / active travel across NSW local communities to help decrease childhood obesity.
Overview of the Session - Key Themes:
- The Case for Action - examine international better practice interagency examples that have prioritised physical activity and healthy eating to reduce childhood obesity levels.
- A Framework for Action - outline current State and local Government initiatives integrating active travel, land - use planning and / or health and examine frameworks for enhanced collaboration across sectors.
- Leadership and Action - Identify opportunities, challenges and required next steps to more systematically integrate active travel, health and land - use planning into all stages of planning and practice to help reduce childhood obesity levels.