Login to access licenced content
Only public resources will be displayed without logging in.
FitNSW 2016: Supporting local communities to move more
Licencing restrictions apply to some resources listed below.
As indicated: Public All Clearinghouse members 'Australian' members only 'High Performance' members only Restricted access
Please see Clearinghouse membership categories for further information.
Transcripts and closed-caption recordings can be provided to members on request (licensing and copyright restrictions still apply).
NSW Parliament House, Macquarie Street Sydney
- Promote greater understanding of international interagency initiatives and better practice examples to increase physical activity and reduce childhood obesity.
- Examine current NSW legislative and/or policy frameworks promoting supportive environments for active living/active travel to increase physical activity across planning, transport and health.
- Showcase better practice examples, identify forthcoming priority actions and emerging opportunities to implement more supportive environments for active living / active travel across NSW local communities to help decrease childhood obesity.
Overview of the Session - Key Themes:
- The Case for Action - examine international better practice interagency examples that have prioritised physical activity and healthy eating to reduce childhood obesity levels.
- A Framework for Action - outline current State and local Government initiatives integrating active travel, land - use planning and / or health and examine frameworks for enhanced collaboration across sectors.
- Leadership and Action - Identify opportunities, challenges and required next steps to more systematically integrate active travel, health and land - use planning into all stages of planning and practice to help reduce childhood obesity levels.